Rotary Club of Oldham raising money for Dr Kershaws and Kids Out
Date published: 20 November 2017
The Rotary Club of Oldham
The Rotary Club of Oldham is having a Christmas Collection at Sainsbury's on Monday 18, Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 December - proceeds will be shared between Dr Kershaws' Hospice and Kids Out.
Derek Berryman, Vice President of The Rotary Club of Oldham said: “The sterling work at Dr Kershaws Hospice is well known.
“But Kids Out is rather different.
“There are over 80 children in Oldham who are carers for parents, brothers or sisters who are reliant on these children.
“This means that before school they wash and dress their charges, prepare breakfast, leave a lunch and a hot drink and then after school there is homework, shopping, cooking, washing and cleaning.
“These children do not have chance to play as other children do.
“A day out to a theme park, with other children in similar circumstances, is a treat which would not be not otherwise be possible.
“Social Services work with us to enable these children to have a break from a very demanding situation.
“If you see us out and about, please help us support the work these two charities do.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Jordan West jailed for sexually abusing girl at flat in Oldham
- 2Rugby League: Oldham relishing Law Cup challenge in January
- 3Twelve steps to safer driving this winter
- 4Project aimed at deterring criminality launched in Greater Manchester
- 5Letter: Ask the Government for more local funding to help young people